Inês Chan Lou, head of the Licensing and Inspection Department of the Macau Government Tourism Office (MGTO), said that the Grand Harbour Hotel – at Lam Mau area on Macau peninsula – and Royal Dragon Hotel – near the maritime terminal on Macau peninsula – which had been used for quarantine, have been emptied today.
The 90-room Grand Harbour Hotel had been used for medical observations since March 25, while the 144-room Royal Dragon Hotel had been used for medical observations since March 26.
The Health Bureau (SSM) is supervising the cleaning and disinfection of the hotel.
The two hotels will no longer be used as quarantine hotels.
While the stay at a quarantine hotel is free of charge for local residents, non-locals need to pay 5,600 patacas (US$700) for the 14-day stay.
Lou also said during a press conference that at present, there are a total of 753 people in the 4 hotels for quarantine and among them are 513 Macau residents, with most being local students who returned from overseas. Anyone diagnosed with COVID-19 during their quarantine hotel stay is immediately transferred to the isolation ward of the public Conde de S. Januário Hospital Centre.
Home quarantine is no longer practised in Macau.
Macau has 45 confirmed novel coronavirus disease cases with no fatalities. Thirteen of the patients have meanwhile been discharged from hospital.