Macau Government Tourist Office (MGTO) Director Maria Helena de Senna Fernandes said Wednesday she estimated that Macau’s number of visitor arrivals this year will exceed 30 million.
Speaking to reporters at the Fisherman’s Wharf on the sidelines of the annual Macau Grand Prix press conference, Senna Fernandes said that with such a high number of tourists, it was unrealistic to keep wanting more and more.
“It would be better if tourists stay in Macau longer, spend more and visit more places throughout the city” she said.
The number of visitor arrivals reached a record 29.3 million last year, up four percent from 2012.
August this year reported three million visitor arrivals, a new monthly record.
Macau’s casinos’ gross receipts fell 11.7 percent year-on-year to 25.6 billion patacas last month, the steepest fall in five years and fourth straight month in year-on-year revenue declines.(macaunews/macaupost)