Gaming

MGM chief expects better gaming business next year

Gaming revenue in the second half of this year was affected by negative growth.

11 Sep, 2019

Grand Lisboa Palace to open in H2 of next year: So

Construction of Grand Lisboa Palace in Cotai would be completed by early next month.

29 Aug, 2019

15% of Macau’s employees work for gaming sector: survey

Nearly 15%of Macau’s employees worked for the gaming sector in the second quarter of the year.

23 Aug, 2019

Analysts on Macau’s future gaming landscape

As the 2022 concession expiry date looms closer, analysts start to weigh in on the possible scenarios.

15 Aug, 2019

Macau casino revenues fall 3.5% in July

Gross gaming revenue (GGR) in Macau casinos dropped 3.5 percent in July from a year earlier, according to data released today by the Gaming Inspection and Coordination Bureau (DICJ) .

1 Aug, 2019

SJM ‘strives’ to finish Grand Lisboa Palace construction by year-end

Complete construction of Grand Lisboa Palace integrated resort in Cotai scheduled by the end of this year.

31 Jul, 2019

Government vows to continue crackdown on online gambling

The government has been cracking down on illegal online gambling and will continue to do so, resulting in over 300 websites being shut down between 2016 and last year.

17 Jul, 2019

Suncity chairman will not take legal action against the media

Local junket operator Suncity Group Chairman Alvin Chau Cheok Wa said on Saturday that no legal action would be taken against any media.

15 Jul, 2019

Wynn Resorts unveils plans for US$2 billion art museum in Macau

Wynn Resorts Ltd. unveiled plans for a US$2 billion expansion of its properties in Macau, including a theatre and museum in the world’s largest gambling market.

11 Jul, 2019

DICJ warns operators not to run online, phone gambling

Mainland-based Economic Information Daily reported that local junket operator Suncity “has raked in billions of [US] dollars in online gaming and proxy betting, causing great harm to [mainland] China social economic order.”

11 Jul, 2019

Suncity denies running online gaming business

Macau’s top junket operator Suncity said in a paid advertisement published in the Chinese-language Macao Daily News Tuesday that it didn’t operate any online gaming business and that all its operations were permitted under local government regulations.

10 Jul, 2019

Gross gaming revenue up 5.9 percentual in June

Gross gaming revenue (GGR) was  MOP 23,812 billion patacas (US$ 2.96 billion)  in June, up 5.9 percent from a year earlier, according to data released today by the Gaming Inspection and Coordination Bureau (DICJ) .

1 Jul, 2019

Crown stake helpful for Japan casino bid: Lawrence Ho

Melco Resorts & Entertainment Limited Chairman and CEO Lawrence Ho said that the recent acquisition of Crown Resorts Limited shares would help his company enter the Japanese gaming market.

5 Jun, 2019

Macau casino receipts grow again

Gaming revenue returned to year-on-year growth last month, yet analysts cautioned that the modest gain is a sign that the world’s largest gaming hub still faces headwinds from regional competition and trade-war uncertainties.

3 Jun, 2019

Sino-US trade war set to impact casino receipts to some extent: Ambrose So

SJM Holdings Executive Director-cum-CEO Ambrose So Shu Fai said on Thursday that the China-US trade war was set to impact Macau’s gaming revenues to some extent if it continues.

24 May, 2019

MGM vows to keep working hard amidst Sino-US trade spat

Executive Director Grant Bowie said yesterday that the company would keep working hard, do the best that it can and focus on the local community during the current China-US trade war.

15 May, 2019

Casino receipts drop 0.4 pct last month

Casinos’ gross revenue from games of chance fell by 0.4 percent year-on-year to 25.84 billion patacas (US$ 3.23 billion) last month, the Gaming Inspection and Coordination Bureau (DICJ) announced Monday.

2 Apr, 2019

Govt extends SJM & MGM deals to June 2022

The Macau government has extended the gaming concession and sub-concession of SJM and MGM respectively by two years and three months until June 26, 2022, bringing them on par with the city’s two other gaming concessions and two sub-concessions.

18 Mar, 2019

Police bust HK$2.5 million chip fraud gang

The Judiciary Police (PJ) have busted a criminal gang allegedly involved in at least 20 fraud cases worth more than HK$2.5 million at a casino in Zape that had been operating since January, PJ spokesman Ho Chan Nam said at a special press conference on Friday.

18 Mar, 2019

Macau government casino concessions for SJM and MGM extended to June 2022

Macau’s government has extended gaming concessions for two casino operators to align expiry dates with the four other concessionaires.

15 Mar, 2019