A cigarette end possibly caused a smoky fire close to the McDonalds in Nam Van on Sunday evening, the Fire Services Bureau (CB) said.
According to firefighters, the blaze erupted after 6 p.m. in a rubbish box filled with cardboard in a corridor on a first-floor platform next to the eatery. The fire, with flames that residents described as “two-storeys high”, was quickly extinguished by firefighters. Some residents also reported having heard “something like an explosion.” The fire coincided with a torrential downpour. No injuries were reported.
The Fire Services Bureau has requested the Judiciary Police (PJ) to investigate the incident.