Macau, China, 15 Nov – Stuart Easton, the 25-year old British rider, Saturday won the 42nd Macau Motorcycle Grand Prix on a Honda 1000 on the 6.2-kilometre Guia Racing Circuit, considered one of the most difficult in the world.
Easton, also known as Rat Boy, won the 15-lap race after a tight fight with fellow Brit Michael Rutter, which rode a Ducati 1200 and came in second place, finishing 2.7 seconds behind the winner.
Rutter, 35 years old, has won the Macau Moto GP six times, the last of which in 2005. In 2007, despite starting the race as one of the front-runners, he finished in 11th place. Rutter was looking for his seventh victory in Macau.
Third place also went to a British rider, 36-year old John McGuiness, winner of the 2001 edition of the Macau race and second in 2007.
Portuguese rider Luis Carreira captured fourth place on a Suzuki.
American Michael Barnes and Briton Stephen Thompson came in fifth and sixth, respectively.
A total of 33 riders took part in the 42nd Macau Motorcycle Grand Prix.
1. Stuart Easton GBR Doosan Honda 15 laps
2. Michael Rutter GBR Discover Ireland NW200 Ducati +2.722secs
3. John McGuinness GBR Ventaxia VK Honda +31.711secs
4. Luis Carreira POR Benimoto Suzuki Yoshimura +39.962secs
5. Michael Barnes USA Ventaxia VK Honda +39.982secs
6. Stephen Thompson GBR Sloan Developments +45.910secs
7. Ian Hutchinson GBR Aviva Kawasaki +49.067secs
8. Jeremy Toye USA Corona Extra Honda Racing +1min 16.206secs
9. Marc Fissettee BEL Ixo-Churrascao Racing +1min 29.503secs
10. Rui Reigoto POR Vodafone Kawasaki KMS +1min 34.367secs
11. Keith Amor GBR AIM Racing +1min 39.608secs SSP
12. Steve Mercer GBR DMR Racing +2mins 04.529secs
13. Gerald Muteau FRA Halfen Team of Paris +2mins 04.846secs SSP
14. Fabrice Miguet FRA Halfen Team of Paris +2mins 21.831secs
15. Amaury Baratin FRA Halfen Team of Paris +1 lap
16. Scott Jensen USA Moto Garage Racing +1 lap
17. Joao Fernandes MAC Macau Racing Team +1 lap SSP
18. Cheung Wai On HKG Cheung Wai On +1 lap SSP
19. Sou Sio Hong MAC Sou Sio Hong +1 lap
20. Leong Iok Choi MAC Leong Iok Choi +2 laps