Macau received fewer visitors from the mainland but more from both Hong Kong and Taiwan over the Easter and Ching Ming holidays between Good Friday and Monday, Macau Government Tourist Office (MGTO) Director Helena de Senna Fernandes said on Wednesday.
Speaking on a TDM phone-in programme, Senna Fernandes said that the city received 641,000 visitors during the four days, up 2.7 percent on the same period last year. While the number of mainland visitors dropped 3.5 percent, the number of visitors from Hong Kong and Taiwan rose 20 and 42 percent respectively, the city’s tourism chief said. The remainder were foreign visitors.
Meanwhile, the Government Information Bureau (GCS) said in a statement on Wednesday that the number of “tourist arrivals” rose 1.67 percent to 775,086 between Good Friday and Tuesday. (macaunews/macaupost)