Firefighters battled a smoky fire that gutted a hut on the rooftop of Ling Nan Building in Avenida de Artur Tamagnini Barbosa in Toi San district on Thursday, Kuok Pan, head of the fire station in Areia Preta district told reporters at the scene on Thursday.
Kuok said that the Fire Services Bureau (CB) received a report at 4:30 p.m. about the blaze. The fire resulted in a large cloud of black smoke. The area affected by the fire measured about 40 square metres, Kuok said, adding that the blaze was extinguished within 20 minutes.
According to Kuok, about 15 residents self-evacuated from the building, including a child who required the firefighters’ assistance to leave the building. There were no injuries. About 10 vehicles and 40 firefighters were sent to the scene.
Public Security Police (PSP) Traffic Department Chief Sam Chi Nap said that firefighters helped evacuate 40 residents who were then registered outside the building.
According to a follow-up message from the Fire Services Bureau, the blaze was possibly caused by the short circuit of a lithium battery.