Health Bureau (SSM) Director Lei Chin Ion said yesterday that the first batch of 5,400 doses of measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) vaccines that his bureau has ordered will arrive in Macau Tuesday night.
Lei made the remarks while speaking to reporters on the sidelines of the inauguration ceremony of the Ka Ho Rehabilitation Hospital in Coloane.
The bureau said in a statement last Wednesday that it had placed an emergency order of 15,000 doses of MMR vaccines and that the first batch of 5,400 was scheduled to arrive in Macau this week.
Lei said that he expected the first batch of 5,400 doses of MMR vaccines to be used from tomorrow.
Lei said that the first batch of 5,400 doses would be sufficient for the vaccinations of people that needed them most, such as medical staff, infants and those looking after infants under the age of one.
Macau has recorded 26 measles cases so far this year, according to an SSM statement on Sunday, which pointed out that no measles cases were recorded on three consecutive days, from Friday to Sunday. The bureau did not announce any new measles cases yesterday. This year, Macau and Hong Kong have been hit by measles.
The bureau said on Sunday that it has provisionally concluded that Macau’s measles situation is now under control.(Macaunews)