Inês Chan Lou, who heads the Licensing and Inspection Department of the Macao Government Tourism Office (MGTO), said during Wednesday’s press conference that as of Wednesday afternoon, 3,135 residents have registered for her office’s “Macao Ready Go! Local Tours” programme – a subsidised programme for local residents joining tour groups organised by local travel agencies to travel around the city, which will run from next Monday until September 30. Wednesday was the first day of the registration.
Each Macao resident – both permanent and non-permanent residents – will receive a subsidy of MOP 280 from the government’s Macau Foundation (FM) each time they join a tour group. They can receive a subsidy of up to MOP 560 for the programme so that they can join the programme twice.
The programme comprises 15 itineraries in two categories, namely “Community-based Tours” (six itineraries) and “Leisure Tours” (nine itineraries).
Residents can choose to join a tour group in either of the two categories for first participation in the programme, after which they will have to choose to join a tour group in the other category.
Chan said on Wednesday that 40 per cent of those who had registered for the programme until Wednesday afternoon will join a tour group under the “Community-based Tours” category, while the other 60 per cent will join a tour group under the “Leisure Tours” category.
Information on tours and participating travel agencies can be found on the MGTO site in English and Chinese. For enquiries, call 8396 3052 or email email@example.com.