Macau’s first novel coronavirus patient was discharged from hospital on Thursday, the government’s Novel Coronavirus Response and Coordination Centre announced.
According to a statement by the centre, the patient has made a full recovery and was discharged Thursday afternoon.
The statement identified the patient as a 52-year-old woman from Wuhan, the epicentre of the outbreak of the virus.
The statement said that the woman took a high-speed train from Wuhan to Zhuhai and sought medical treatment at the public Conde de S. Januario Hospital Centre, complaining of cough, on January 21. She tested positive for the virus and was diagnosed with double pneumonia, after which she was moved to the hospital’s isolation ward.
“After half a month of intensive treatment and intensive care by the medical team of the Conde de S. Januario Hospital Centre, the patient’s condition continued to improve, all laboratory indicators were normal and two pathogenic tests were negative,” the statement said.
Consequently, the statement pointed out, the patient’s medical team evaluated her condition and decided that she met all the necessary conditions to be discharged from the hospital.
According to the statement, the woman departed from Macau under police escort this afternoon. Macau has so far recorded 10 confirmed novel coronavirus cases, including the patient discharged from hospital on Thursday, comprising seven tourists from Wuhan and three Macau residents.