A 54-year-old local woman who works at Landmark casino in Zape has come down with rubella (also known as German measles), pushing the total number of rubella cases reported in Macau to 31 so far this year, the Health Bureau (SSM) said in a statement yesterday.
According to the statement, the woman came down with muscle pain on Sunday and developed a rash on her hands, face and neck on Monday. She sought treatment at the bureau’s heath centre in Coloane’s Seac Pai Van public housing estate on Tuesday and was transferred to the public Conde de São Januário Hospital later that day. The woman was diagnosed with rubella yesterday.
The woman, who still had a rash at the time of the release of the statement, was born on the mainland. The statement said that her rubella vaccination record was unknown, adding that she visited the cities of Zhongshan and Foshan in Guangdong province during the incubation period.
Meanwhile, a 27-year-old female tourist from the Philippines has come down with measles, the bureau said in a separate statement yesterday.
According to the statement, the Filipina visited Macau last Wednesday and came down with a fever and developed a rash last Saturday. She sought treatment at the public Conde de São Januário Hospital Centre yesterday and was then diagnosed with measles by the bureau’s Public Health Laboratory. The woman was still running a fever at the time of the release of the statement, which said that she had never been vaccinated against measles.
More rubella & measles cases confirmedThe statement also said that the bureau has determined that the Filipina was infected with measles in her country before visiting Macau.