Macau has not confirmed any new case of the disease since Tuesday, according to the government in the daily press conference on the virus situation in the territory.
The health authorities said, during the press conference, that the 9 remaining confirmed cases — six from Wuhan, the epicentre of the epidemic and three from Macau residents — are in stable conditions.
The 52 year-old-woman from Wuhan — who had been under treatment for half a month in Macau as the first confirmed case of coronavirus — has been cured and discharged on Thursday after local doctors said the patient’s conditions met all necessary conditions to leave the hospital.
The woman was returned to the mainland under police escort.
Apart from the 9 confirmed cases in Macau, the health authorities said today that there are 413 suspected cases in observation and 11 under tests.
The MGTO authorities announced also on Friday, during the press conference, that a fifth hotel, the Sofitel Ponte 16, with 408 rooms and located in the Inner Harbour, will also close due to commercial reasons.
Four Seasons, St Regis, Conrad and Grand Harbour hotels closed on Friday but promised to reopen when the situation becomes normal again.
During the press conference, it was announced that the Macau government extended by another week its suspension of all non-urgent public services.
The extension from February 8 to 16 was announced in an executive order signed by Chief Executive Ho Iat Seng.
The Public Administration and Civil Service Bureau (SAFP) stressed that the measure aimed to reduce the risk of a further spread of the novel coronavirus.
The executive order urged again public servants to stay at home and avoid going out, “thereby fulfilling their duties”.
The Macau government employs about 32,000 people or about 11 per cent of the city’s total workforce.
The government on Tuesday announced the closure of all 41 casinos and other entertainment venues such as bars, gyms, nightclubs, amusement arcades, cybercafes and snooker halls for two weeks.
All sea links between Macau and Hong Kong have been suspended.
All public transport passengers are required to wear facemasks.
Also on Friday, the Hong Kong government said that all Macau residents wishing to visit Hong Kong will be quarantined there for 14 days if they had visited the Chinese mainland a fortnight prior to their arrival in Hong Kong.