Macau’s number of hospitalised novel coronavirus (COVID-19) patients decreased to three when one more of the initially 10 patients was discharged from hospital on Tuesday.
The discharge of the 67-year-old female patient from Wuhan, the epicentre of the epidemic, was announced during the Novel Coronavirus Response and Coordination Centre’s daily press conference about the COVID-19 situation in Macau.
According to Health Bureau (SSM) officials at the press conference, the woman underwent treatment at the isolation ward of the public hospital for about a month. She has meanwhile returned to the mainland.
Macau’s two last COVID-19 cases were confirmed on February 4.
The 10 cases confirmed so far comprise seven tourists from Wuhan and three locals.
Macau’s creches, kindergartens, schools and universities continue to be closed until further notice.
They have been closed since the Chinese New Year holiday late last month. Government officials told lawmakers Monday that the Education and Youth Affairs Bureau (DSEJ) would announce the reopening of the schools two weeks in advance.
Officials at the press conference also said that they were still looking into the feasibility of bringing more than 100 Macau residents stuck in Hubei province back home.
However, the officials stressed that the government has still no concrete plans how to proceed.
They stressed that, for safety reasons, children under the age of three would not be included in the possible operation of bringing local residents back home from the province over 900 kilometres north of Macau.