Macau’s second novel coronavirus (COVID-19) patient was discharged from hospital on Wednesday, the government announced.
The Novel Coronavirus Response and Coordination Centre said the patient has made a full recovery after 16 days of hospitalization.
The patient is a 21-year-old woman from Wuhan, the epicentre of the outbreak of the virus.
The patient was discharged after a medical team evaluated her condition and decided that she met all the necessary conditions to leave the Conde de S. Januario Hospital Centre.
The woman departed from Macau under police escort Wednesday afternoon.
Macau has so far recorded 10 confirmed novel coronavirus cases, including the two patients discharged. Still in the hospital are five tourists from Wuhan and three Macau residents.
During a press conference on Wednesday, Leong Iek Hou, coordinator of the Novel Coronavirus Response and Coordination Centre asked again the population of Macau to stay home and avoid concentrated areas because “Macau is facing a crucial moment in the fight against the COVID-19.”
Leong noticed that starting Wednesday, more residents are seen in the streets and restaurants and that the “situation is not good”.
“Be patient. Stay at home. Don’t relax. Please continue to follow the appeals of the government. It’s the only way we can defeat the virus” she said.