The Health Bureau(SSM) said in a statement Monday that according to information provided by its Zhuhai counterpart a 59-year-old man died of the H7N9 virus on Sunday.
The bureau also said in the statement that the death was also the first H7N9 case found in Zhuhai.
According to the statement, so far there have been 378 H7N9 cases in the mainland, resulting in 88 fatalities, accounting for nearly a quarter of the total.
The areas in which H7N9 has been detected include Anhui , Beijing , Guangdong , Guangxi, Fujian , Hunan , Jiangsu , Jilin , Shanghai and Zhejiang .
So far no cases of H7N9 have been found in Macau.(macaunews)